Wednesday, September 3, 2014

The Fix is In!!

I’m sure a lot of you have seen publicity for the 21 Day Fix.  In my opinion this is a fantastic eating program coupled with killer workouts.  Most Beachbody exercise programs come with a diet to follow while on the program but the Fix food program is hard to beat in terms of accessibility and overall benefit.  The main premise is to eat a combination of different color-coded containers every day to give your body all the correct fuel it needs to be healthy, including protein, fruits, vegetables, carbs and healthy fats.  It focuses on portion control and not counting calories, which insures you do not restrict yourself from awesome foods like avocado just because it’s higher in calories.  

If you’ve shied away from other programs because you can’t live without carbs or life isn’t worth it without a glass of wine or some chocolate, then this program is for you as it provides for indulgences!  This is the real world, ya know, so you have to learn how to eat the best you can the majority of the time while occasionally allowing yourself that favorite food or dessert.  It makes the program that much more doable.  I now follow the Fix eating plan as my normal diet and I’m not chained to the plan book or the containers, though believe me, they are so helpful!



In my first 3 weeks with the Fix program I lost  11.4 pounds and 12.25 inches.  Way beyond my expectations!  The amount of inches in just 3 weeks really blew my mind.  In fact, as we speak, I have moved to a hybrid schedule of PiYo and 21 Day Fix workouts so I will most definitely be losing more inches!  The workouts are only 30 minutes in length so they are easy to knock out but boy do they make you sweat!  You will feel your muscles building in only a few days.



Autumn Calabrese is the trainer behind the Fix.  She shares a lot of wisdom during her workouts but one of the best pieces of advice she offers is not to kill yourself during a workout and then undo that progress in the kitchen.  This is a major struggle for me but something that was made easier by following the Fix plan.  Autumn also says that if you’re tired of starting over then quit giving up!  Progress can sometimes be difficult to determine, especially in the early stages of a healthy lifestyle change, but one of the great things about the Fix is the initial 3 week commitment.  If you commit yourself to following the program for 3 weeks you WILL see results!  Normally by the time that 3 weeks is over you will have made new healthy habits and be ready to keep your progress going!


If the 21 Day Fix interests you now is the time to invest in yourself as the whole program is on special through the end of September.  Ask me for details!


Fill out my online form.
HTML Forms powered by Wufoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment