Thursday, July 10, 2014

Welcome to my blog!


I've thought long and hard about starting a blog and I finally decided now was the time. There are so many things I often want to say that would make a Facebook post way too long or take up too many tweets so this blog is where I will spread my wings, at least in terms of word count. :)

My name is Michelle and I've been married to my husband for 4 years. We're hoping to have kids soon, which is part of the reason why I finally started to get my health in order. 

I'm a person that's been overweight the majority of my life. I am not where I want to be yet but I'm so much closer to my goal than I ever thought I'd be. I figured I would just be fat my entire life, that it was genetic, that there was nothing I could do about it. But you know what? That's not true. Achieving and maintaining my goals is hard work but I'm not much different than most people who have lost a lot of weight. And I think that's a good thing to realize. I am not different and you are NOT different. If someone else can lose 100 pounds, so can you! There is a method to it and if you find what works for you and you have dedication and perseverance you can do anything. 



 July 2013

 July 2014



I'm living proof of that concept (90 pounds down since 01/2013!) which is why I call this blog and my Facebook like page Persistent Fitness. Be persistent. Fight for yourself and your health. If you need support, I'm here for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment