Thursday, July 17, 2014

With a Little Help From Your Friends

Support has been so key to my success.  My husband has been amazing all along and my family and friends have been very encouraging and invested in my progress.  Unfortunately some people do not have this type of support or are surrounded by Negative Nellies.  Now that I'm a coach I can be that friend and that supporter that others need. It's truly one of the best things about coaching.

If you've seen my Facebook like page or my personal profile, you've most likely seen me talking about Challenge Groups. I thought I would take some time to explain what a Challenge Group is and why it's successful.

I have personally participated in two different Challenge Groups - one for T25 and one for the 21 Day Fix. The T25 group was my first and lasted 60 days. That's a big commitment but boy was I glad I had committed to it. I was very nervous about the holidays approaching last year. It's a difficult time of year for everyone, let alone someone trying to lose weight. That group helped me survive the holidays AND lose weight and inches.

Challenge Groups are run in closed groups on Facebook. Your coach(es) post information everyday to support and encourage you and provide tons of information and answer any questions you may have. You and the other participants in the group check in everyday to discuss how your day went. You rate things like your food intake, if you drank your Shakeology, and your workout. (Like how well you followed your meal plan and how hard you pushed yourself during your workout.) You might be surprised by how much one Facebook post keeps you accountable. I often thought "don't want to post that I ate french fries" so I didn't eat them. Or even "better do my workout and not make excuses to the group about why I didn't."

As I said above, support is necessary and an amazing benefit of a group. Your coach(es) want the best for you and love hearing how the program is working for you or in what areas you might need help. You might struggle with things but you find out that others in the group are struggling with something similar. You realize change is hard and there's nothing wrong with you for struggling. You also find ways to get past your struggles and find a lot of motivation and togetherness in the group and people to cheer your successes.

I have personal experience with T25, the 21 Day Fix, Slim in 6, and Piyo but there are challenge packs and groups for any of Beachbody's programs.  If you think a Challenge Group might help you, fill out my form below and we'll find a program that works for you and a group to support you, too!

Fill out my online form.
HTML Forms powered by Wufoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment